Two of the original Keisler lamps from the Shanley Building's waiting room are now being auctioned by Wright. The auction will begin at 10am PT on 8 December 2009.
Following are details from the item's listing:
• designer: Frederick Kiesler floor lamp (Lot 219)This auction addresses "Important Design". It is being handled by:
• manufacturer: Rembrandt Lighting Company, USA, 1930/1935
• materials: chrome-plated and enameled brass, chrome-plated steel
• dimensions: 12 w x 35.5 d x 49 h inches
• description: This lamp was part of the original furnishings of the 1935 Shanley Building in St. Louis, an International Style building awarded a silver medal at the 1937 Paris Exposition of Art and Technology and listed on the National Historic Register.
• literature: Architectural Review, Vol. LXXXI, No. 484, March 1937, ppg. 137, 141 illustrate this lamp in situ Frederick Kiesler, Phillips, pg. 23 illustrates related form
• provenance: Shanley Building, St. Louis | Dr. Leo M. Shanley, St. Louis | Thence by descent | Acquired from the Estate of Dr. Leo M. Shanley by the present owner
WrightThis auction features many truly wonderful examples of design. Check it out !
1440 West Hubbard Street
Chicago, Illinois 60642