12 January 2006
This version of the entry was taken several years later, perhaps as many as eight to ten years following the initial construction in 1938. The vines and plantings have grown in a great deal.
This view reveals more of the southeast corner of the house where the corner windows and interior planter are located. A black spandrel panel wrapping the corner links the windows on each face of the house to provide the appearance of continuity around the corner, despite the economic and structural need for structural support at these locations.
Photograph by Bennett & Tucker courtesy of the Harris Armstrong Archives, Special Collections, Washington University in Saint Louis.