24 November 2005
This home is the last of the three residences Armstrong built for his family. Armstrong designed this one in 1951, just a few years after his studio down the lane was completed.
The lap pool is located on the west side of the rear yard. The extensive glazing on the south side of the house is protected by several methods: roof overhangs, trellis elements, and deciduous vines growing up the trellis and wires.
The pool is located at the southwest corner of the house. Beyond the pool is a brick masonry screen wall separating the carport from the rear yard. Firewood can be seen stacked on the flat roof over the carport.
Photograph courtesy of the Harris Armstrong Archives, Special Collections, Washington University in Saint Louis.