24 September 2005
This plan, published by the St. Louis Globe-Democrat newspaper on Sunday 31 May 1931, illustrates the design concept for combining two existing structures to the North and South of the new 40-story tower to create one coherent building. Two banks of elevators serve the upper stories and two banks serve the lower stories.
Drawing from Saint Louis Globe-Democrat article published Sunday 31 May 1931.
Newspaper clipping courtesy of the Harris Armstrong Archives, Special Collections, Washington University in Saint Louis.